Thursday, November 5, 2009

Starbucks & Hyperdub

After ordering my soy pumpkin spice latte (quiet !), I put my ear buds back in and pressed play on a little Cooly G. Heard "nice pick" coming from the left. Jumped back, "What ! You don't know me !" After judo chopping dude in the neck for sneaking up on me, ended up having a nice chat with a fellow DJ by night and editorial creep during the day.

He schooled me to the fact there is a nice little dubstep night going on tonight at Hugs in Williamsburg that The Shop might go check out...perhaps we'll see you there (free beer, duh !).

Here are the details:
Text: TURRBOTAX® is a new monthly dropping UK Funky, 2 Step and Dubstep at Hugs in Brooklyn the first Thursday of every month.
Name: TURRBOTAX®
Venue: Hugs
Venue Address: 106 N. 6th, Williamsburg (btw Berry & Wythe), L Train to Bedford Ave stop
Event Dates and Times: Thursday, November 5th from 10pm - 4am (First Thursday of every Month)
Event Price: Free
Drinks: FREE Asahi from 10-11pm AND 1-2am
Artists: Headliner: Dre Skull (Mixpak Recordings) and Resident DJs: Saputotime, Mayster, C-Sick, Video City, Contakt

No comments: